For nearly 50 years, The Playhouse in San Anselmo has served the community as a performing arts center for dance recitals, student performances, local and touring theatrical companies, music concerts and other innovative productions.
The Playhouse in San Anselmo is a low cost rental facility and it is our mission to keep our rental fees and production costs low. We offer a full service theater space, complete with everything required for a professional theater production. Our tenants include YES Theater, Blue Star Music Camp, Marin Musical Theater Company, Stapleton School of the Performing Arts, 23Elephants, Katia & Co and many other student and youth based programs. Our tenants and the quality of their experience is important to us.
Our fundraising efforts include everything from the ever present PayPal button to joint events with our tenants and special performances. Funds support our operating budget, so that savings can be passed down in the form of low cost rental fees. Our capital campaigns focus on raising funds to enhance and support the theatrical space and continue to renovate and restore this historic building for years to come.
The Playhouse At A Glance
- The theater seats 221 with a total occupancy of 299
- ADA handicap seating available at stage level; all other seating has stair access
- Professional theatrical lighting and sound systems
- Tenants provide their own theater tech designers and operators
- Multiple playing space potential
- Thrust/arena style stage with seating on two sides, without a proscenium arch
- Multiple back stage dressing room areas and stage entrances, including an upstairs greenroom
- The theater provides concession sales pre show and during intermission
- January 16, 2019Katia & Co - Mary Poppins - 6:30
- January 19, 2019Katia & Co - Mary Poppins - 1pm
- January 19, 2019Katia & Co - Mary Poppins - 4pm
- January 19, 2019Katia & Co - Mary Poppins - 7pm
- January 25, 201942nd Street - 23Elephants - 7 pm